The easiest game to play at any land-based, or online casino is the pokie machine. Players from Australia love them because they require no skill, they can be played with various sized bankrolls, online casinos offer deposit bonuses to play them, and you earn comps every time you play them.
In this article we’re going to tell you ‘How to Play Pokies‘. Although pokies require no skill there are a few things you need to keep in mind next time you play them.
Before you play, have a look at the layout of the pokie machine. You’ll see the coin denomination, the maximum bet button, the Auto Play feature (spins the reels automatically for you), the Paytable that tells you more about the game’s bonus rounds, and the spin button.
The majority of the games in an online casino for Australians are pokies followed by progressive pokies, table games, video poker, Live Casino, and specialty games. Each pokie machine is further categorized into those with High Definition (3D) graphics, 3 and 5 reel classics, progressives, and video slots. Australians can’t seem to get enough of them.
Choose The Right Online Casino?
The Internet is littered with hundreds of different online casinos, and it’s not always easy to pick the right one to play your favourite pokie machine. Luckily we know exactly what to look for:
1. Choose an RTG, or Betsoft online casino with a solid reputation. In other words a site that has not been blacklisted, and one that is licensed by the Curacao Gambling Board.
2. Its selection of casino game must be divided into instant play, and downloadable pokies (slots) that can be accessed from mobile phones, and PC desktops.
3. Most operators offer a match bonus on deposit that can be used to play pokies since they carry a weighting of 100%. Play at a site that offers a variety of daily, weekly, and weekend promotions where extra complimentary points can be earned that can be converted into cash.
4. As far as the deposit, and withdrawal methods (Banking) go, the casino must offer credit/debit cards, e-wallets (Skrill, Neteller), and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Lircoin, XRP, and Dogecoin.
We prefer Bitcoin because it’s not confined by geographical limitations, withdrawal requests are handled within a few minutes up to 24 hours, offers a degree of anonymity, and has little to no transaction costs.
5. The next step is to register an account at the casino by providing your personal details such as your name, date of birth, residential address, and a few other stuff. Click on ‘Register’. Now you can start playing pokies!
How To Play Pokies
There are two types of pokies namely progressive, and non-progressive pokies. Progressive jackpots are the ones that offer life-changing jackpots (millions of dollars) while your normal pokies are divided into low, medium, or high variance. The latter two are played by high rollers, and low variance pokies are played by players with limit bankrolls.
Progressive pokies are linked to a progressive network pool, a portion of every bet made goes towards the pool. This is why the progressive jackpot of the pokie machine keeps on growing until it’s finally hit.
Once you picked a pokie consult its paytable (Help Screen), and play it with the casino’s free credits before you play it with real cash. The Paytable tells you how many paylines/reels it has, the size of its jackpot, RTP (average return to player percentage), how to trigger the free spins round, which are the premium symbols, and how many randomly activated bonus rounds (Re-spins Pick Me’s) it has in the main game. Playing a pokie for free gives you an idea about its payouts at different bet levels, and how many spins is required to initiate the free spins feature.
If the online casino offers a welcome/match bonus accept it because it gives your bankroll a nice shot in the arm, and it improves your winning chances. However, ensure that the bonus terms are at least 25x the deposit, and sum of the bonus because this is the industry standard.
Always play a pokie that’s not too heavy on your pocket. If your budget is AUD$500 play a medium to high variance slots with an average return to player percentage of 96% plus where the Free Spins is loaded with big multipliers, sticky, expanding wilds, or wild reels. The reason why you should play a slots with a free spins feature because the jackpot is usually won here. The size of jackpot in the free spins varies from 1,000x up to 25,000x your stake on a single free spin!
- Set a bankroll aside before you play. If you lose don’t dip into your savings account.
- Recreational players must play low variance pokies.
- High rollers looking for the big wins must stick to slots that are volatile (medium to high variance), and the average bet per spin must be at least AU$5 per spin to get the maximum rewards.
- The game must have a free spins feature that’s loaded with multipliers (the bigger the better), sticky wilds, expanding wilds, and wild reels.
- If you landed a big win cash out your winnings. It’s better to walk away a winner from the casino than a loser. Play it safe, always!